crunchy potato skin
Adapted from: Lottie + Doof
8 garlic cloves, minced
warm and soft interior
6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
3 russet potatoes (about 8oz each), each cut into 12 wedges
3 tbsp cornstarch/cornflour
1 1/2 tsp coarse sea salt
1 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
½ tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 225°C/440° F.
- Combine the garlic and oil in a large bowl, warming it until the garlic is fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Transfer 5 tablespoons of the oil (leaving the garlic in the bowl) to the baking dish, coating it well.
- Add the potatoes to the bowl with the garlic mixture and toss to coat. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap and microwave on high power until the potatoes are translucent around the edges, 3 to 6 minutes, shaking the bowl to redistribute the potatoes halfway through cooking.
- Combine the cornstarch, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and cayenne in a small bowl. Sprinkle over the hot potatoes and toss well to coat.
- Arrange the potatoes in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet and bake, turning once, until deep golden brown and crisp, 30 to 40 minutes.
- Serve with ketchup, mayo or sour cream.